EDIT: There is a newer version of this package here
Because it was a while back since I wrote an article in AFP548 and in here about offering AFP shares from a linux server, I’ve decided to compile the current latest version again into an rpm, so that it can be easily downloaded and installed
A couple of things to have in mind:
- It has been compiled from the source rpms available here
- There is no support for Spotlight on these distributions as there is no Gnome Tracker either
- I have tested it on a CentOS 6.5 but it should work flawlessly on the vendor’s upstream, Scientific Linux or even Oracle’s
- The dependencies are very basic. This will ensure you have everything you need
bash-3.2$ su -c 'yum install -y avahi libtdb dbus-python-devel perl'
- Once installed you’d want to edit
/etc/afp.conf, start the process and ensure it runs always at boot
1 2 3 4
bash-3.2$ su -c 'chkconfig avahi-daemon on' bash-3.2$ su -c 'chkconfig netatalk on' bash-3.2$ su -c 'service avahi-daemon start' bash-3.2$ su -c 'service netatalk start'
I would like to thank the netatalk developers for this great piece of software.